It’s the New Year and many have spent time reflecting on the past 12 months and looking ahead at what’s to come. It’s the time of year employees begin crunching numbers for their 2020 budgets and dream of more. It’s the time that employees start combing through job openings and questioning a big career change for the New Year.
Despite the efforts employers place to retain employees, people will come and go. There’s a few things those looking for a new career in 2014 should resolve to do in the meantime of landing that new job – it might just impress your current employer enough to give you that raise or big promotion and keep you around for another year!
- Get up early and show up on time. Nothing says I want a raise like showing up early and working hard.
- Reduce stress. There are areas of life that commitments are flooding and eliminating them will free up your time and give you a new outlook on life.
- Get organized. Clean up and throw out all the extra and unneeded items in your home and office. Fresh and open spaces helps to feel free.
- Improve your work/ life balance. Set time frames for being in the office working hard and at home resting. Stick to them.
- Eat clean. Don’t focus so much on sticking with a diet – just commit to eat clean (fruits, veggies, lean meats, less fast food and junk!)
- Spell check. Be better with email and voicemail – take the time to think through what you’re saying with each message. Efficiency.
- Have a good attitude. Negativity spreads like wildfire, commit to having an even head and good laugh about whatever comes your way.